Downtown Medical Clinic: Your health. Our Mission
Our practice is guided by the following guidelines and policies, please read them carefully and give us a call if you have any questions.
1. We shall strive to treat each patient as a unique person and make every visit a positive experience.
2. We strive to provide timely and efficient appointments. In most cases, same day appointments are available.
3. Due to COVID-19, we now provide virtual care if your assessment can be completed over the phone within 10 minutes, as this service is now covered by Alberta Health. We may ask you to visit the clinic if a proper assessment cannot be completed over the phone. We will try to get you to speak with a doctor over the phone with same day appointment if all you need is just a prescription refill. However, should Alberta Health discontinue coverage for virtual care, then a $50 charge applies to prescription refills over the phone or by fax.
4. We do welcome walk-in if we can see you within a reasonable time. Please note that those with appointments will be given priority. We strongly encourage all patients to book an appointment when coming in to see their doctor. This will ensure timeliness and an unhurried visit experience.
5. For booked appointment, we require 24 hour notice for appointment cancellation. You can cancel your appointment by calling, faxing or sending us an email. There is a $50 charge for regular missed appointment or same day cancellation. Missed appointment or late cancellation for complete physical exam and IUD insertion will incur a charge of $100. If you are running late for your appointment, please call the clinic to see if you could be accommodated for that appointment, or rescheduled.
6. If you have any concerns about a staff or the clinic operations, kindly call and ask to speak with the clinic manager or send us an email. You may also drop a letter for the clinic manager. Your feedback is important to us.