Downtown Medical Clinic: Your health. Our Mission
Our practice is guided by the following guidelines and policies.
Please read them carefully and give us a call if you have any questions.
1. We shall strive to treat each patient as a unique person and make every visit a positive experience.
2. We strive to provide timely and efficient appointments. Due to time constraint, the doctor may not be able to address all your concerns in one visit and would ask you to book a follow up to allow for proper assessment.
3. For convenience, appointments may be booked online. If you are a new patient, an intake form will be sent to you by email for completion prior to your visit.
4. There is a fee for missed appointment, same day cancellation, or same day rescheduling and the fee varies depending on the type of appointment. We require 48 hours notice for appointment cancellation/rescheduling. This may be done by calling or sending us an email. If you are running late for your appointment, please call the clinic to see if you could be accommodated for that appointment, or rescheduled.
5. There is a fee for uninsured services. We will notify you prior to providing you with such services.
6. We do welcome walk-in if we can see you within a reasonable time. Please note that those with appointments will be given priority. We strongly encourage all patients to book an appointment when coming in to see their doctor. This will ensure timeliness and an unhurried visit experience.
7. If we refer you to a specialist and you are not notified of an appointment date within 2 to 4 weeks, please follow up with your physician for ongoing management and to check the status of your referral. Although we do our best to refer you to a specialist with a short wait time, we do not have control over specialist wait time or how soon you will be contacted for your appointment with the specialist.
8. If you have any concerns about a staff or the clinic operations, kindly call and ask to speak with the clinic manager or send us an email. You may also drop a letter for the clinic manager. Your feedback is important to us.
9. Due to COVID-19, we now provide virtual care if your assessment can be completed over the phone within 10 minutes.